- Why Rastin
- Practice Areas
- Success Stories
- Legal Help
Six Steps to Choosing a Great LawyerFinding the right lawyer to assist you through a serious Personal Injury claim is essential. The process, however, doesn’t have to be painful.
1. Choose a lawyer who is an expert in Personal Injury Law.
Personal Injury Law can be very complex. Only lawyers who have expertise in Personal Injury Law are fully qualified to handle your claim. Choose a lawyer who has experience representing and winning cases similar to yours.
2. Ask someone you trust to recommend a lawyer for you.
Referrals are a good way to find a lawyer who has helped others in situations similar to yours. Ask friends, family, your doctor or financial advisor to recommend lawyers that they know who have expertise in Personal Injury Law.
3. Meet with the lawyer for a free initial consultation.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer should offer a free initial consultation. This is your opportunity to discuss your questions and concerns about your claim and your rights. It also gives you the chance to get to know your lawyer and build a level of trust.
4. Ask plenty of questions.It’s a good idea to prepare some questions before you meet with a lawyer. Some examples of questions to consider include:
5. Choose a lawyer who makes you feel understood and represented.
The lawyer you choose should be someone you feel comfortable working with. A great lawyer will make you feel listened to and respected. You should feel confident that the lawyer will act as an advocate, representing you and your rights, not the insurance company’s.
6. Choose a lawyer who will only bill you when you win your claim.
When hiring a lawyer, it’s important to understand how their fee structure works. Be sure to find a lawyer who will work for you without requiring money up front and only bill you when your claim is won.