|Posted: August 06, 2019
|By: Rastin & Associates
We understand even the thought of having to meet with a lawyer, in general, can cause feelings of anxiety. To help alleviate your worries, we have put together some useful information to help sufficiently prepare you for meeting specifically with an injury lawyer.
The injury lawyer will ask you questions about:
- your doctor’s medical reports and their diagnosis of your injuries,
- how your health is currently,
- your insurance coverage,
- how your injuries have affected your daily life
To answer these questions fully and accurately, the following documents should be brought with you to the meeting:
- A piece of government issued identification
- The medical report of your initial evaluation after your accident
- Medical reports and prognosis from specialists
- Photos of your injuries and the scene of the accident
- Photos of the road and its condition at the time of the accident
- Your insurance coverage information and any communication you have had with your insurance company
- Copies of forms that you have submitted to your insurance company for accident benefits
- Employment forms showing loss of wages as a result of your injuries
Don’t forget to have a list of questions ready for the injury lawyer. Asking questions about their experience can help to ease your anxieties about how your potential injury claim will be handled. Here are some important inquiries that you should ask the injury lawyer:
- Have you handled an injury case like mine before?
- What kind of success have you had for your clients who have suffered from these types of injuries?
- How long will this process take?
- Can you walk me through the process of commencing a lawsuit?
- Are you a Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation? If yes, this means that the lawyer has been approved by the Law Society of Ontario to have extensive trial experience and is listed as a specialist in their field.
- What is your fee breakdown? How will I pay you for your services?
- Do you have connections to experts and doctors that will help with my case?
- What can I expect in regards to communication from your legal team about my lawsuit?
- What will be my involvement in the lawsuit process?
There are widespread misconceptions that lawyers are intimidating or aggressive, when in reality, lawyers are looking to help their clients receive compensation they deserve. Lawyers are people too! Being prepared for your initial consultation with an injury lawyer will help the meeting run smoothly. We hope this blog eases your mind about the decisions you need to make for your next steps towards recovery.
If you have been injured in an accident and would like an experienced and trusted injury lawyer to review your case, call 1-844-727-8461 (RASTIN1) or fill out our web-form.
|Disclaimer: This blog is intended to provide information on current issues that may affect people in their everyday lives. We have made every effort to ensure that we relay accurate and easily readable content, however, information found here should never be taken as legal advice. Always speak directly to a lawyer for information specific to your situation.
Call us at Rastin & Associates if you have questions concerning your case or any general queries.
|Posted under Injury Case Preparation, Personal Injury